Monday, September 12, 2011

6 years of wedded bliss and Grannies and Grampies

This weekend Luke and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary. Wow what a whirlwind those 6 years have been....for better or for worse are definantly some words to live by! Out of those 6 lovely years we have 2 beautiful perfect little monsters. We are so blessed that we have healthy and happy(most of the time) babies. We spent the day as a family, grocery shopping and relaxing at home. We walked over to Nana and Papas that evening to grab something and ended up eating dinner there, well rather eating pick-up La Fiesta and Golden Dragon. (Not both, Luke and Dad ate chinese and the girls + Ace ate mexican.)
   Sunday was the 10 year anniversary of 9/11. Watching the videos of recaps on tv made it so surreal. It is still as gut wrenching as I remember it when it was actually happening. I was watching some little children make speeches about missing their fathers/mothers and say things like "I hope you are proud of me even though you arent here...", it was just so sad. Thankfully G went on playing and didnt pay too much attention to the tv or her bawling mother. I am not sure she would quite understand either.... We went to church that morning for "Homecoming". It was meant to try and get people back to church who may have wondered off or invite new people as well. It was also the kickoff of Sunday School classes. G's child area was very cool and we were able to sneak in to watch/listen to her sing to "Happy and you know it"....she really got into it! That evening we had Nana B, Gpa Arvin and all the family over for dinner to celebrate Grandparents Day. I made spaghetti and chocolate peanut butter pretzel sea salt cookies(long name but oh so delish) and Whit brought a salad and Austin brought bread. I am glad I consulted my mom before I started cooking. See I was planning it in my head, as I am a big planner and like to have it mentally saved, I would make 2 boxes of pasta, 2 cans of sauce and 2/3lb of hamburger for the meal. (We dont eat alot of meat in our sauce) So I called Mom and asked her about borrowing the big pot and when I told her what I had, she nearly had a conniption fit! So thankfully I have her to call when I am unsure of entertaining plans:) All in all, after much stressing (a trait Luke let me know I clearly got from my mother) the night turned out quite nice, minus the somewhat over al dente noodles. (Which Luke said only happened because I used Whole Wheat, whatever)
  Today we did our normal routine which included G's 3rd day of preschool. (I wonder if I will refer to every day of her school as the "3rd" "4th"...) Today they wore their swimsuits under their clothes because they were having a Water Day! They played in the little sprinklers, had a slide that went into a kiddie pool, water toys and some weird "confetti" stuff that stained her foot blue:/ I was excited to pick her up, (as I always am) because I figured she had all kinds of stories to tell me and  she said "I dont ever want to go back to preschool." She never really gave me a reason, just put on a real somber face on the way home...hmmm. She is an emotional little child. We have sinced then talked about school and she is cool with school now! Phew.
Woke up for a short while, played with the wipes and
then went back to sleep....All in a typical morning
Playing in the trash.with.the.brownie.batter...
Maci and I joke he will be a trash man when he is older,
 as he ALWAYS plays in the trash can!
Look at those lucious lips♥
G with the colourful lanterns at Sunday School!

♥♥♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment