Thursday, September 1, 2011

Countdown to Gentry's 1st day of Preschool!

This whole week has been a huge milestone for us, the countdown to preschool for G! It is all we have been talking about! She was so excited...to wear her new Dora ballerina dress and carry her backpack:) Monday we went to Salina to get Gentry new shoes for school. She couldnt decide on 1, so we got 2. In her defense, she is terribly rough on shoes! I dont get it, but they get ragged very quickly! So hopefully between those 2 and another pair she recently got, they will last the school year! We went to the mall for the shoe shopping and Ace decided to wet thru his pants. Like soaked them! And me being the mother of the year, NOT, I only had my purse with 2 diapers. What was I thinking not having a change of clothes!?! So I took him to the restroom to change him and decided that he was too wet to leave him in the shorts so he was rolling around in a tee and a diaper, oh and his Mini Star leather shoes. To add to that we only had this dirty umbrella style stroller that Whit had left in the trunk. (Chloe likes to push it around outside so it is rather dusty) So here we are walking through the mall with a dirty stroller and a child with no shorts on, only in his tee and diaper:/ Wasnt my proudest mother moment.
   Tuesday we didnt do too much except prep for preschool. We made these amazing pumpkin donuts for her 1st day!http://ohsheglows.com/2011/08/16/mini-cinnamon-sugar-pumpkin-spiced-doughnuts-rosemary-olive-oil-chips/ They turned out amazing! G and I tested them to ensure they were good enough for breakfast the next morning...they passed:)  That evening we had Destiny over for a sleepover. We have a rule that the girls can sleep together in G's room as long as there is no messing around. They have never had a problem until this night, of course the night before her 1st day of school. So we made Destiny move to the living room and G had to sleep in her room alone. I went in to talk to her about why Destiny was moved out and she looked at me with the biggest elephant tears and said "Mommy I am just so upset!" It broke my heart to see her bawling and saying that. I wanted to cave and go get D and let them be together but we have got to follow through with what we threaten! As I was leaving she said it again, "Mom I am just really upset", so we talked a bit more and hugged and kissed goodnight. Gosh little lady you really get to mommy!
    Wednesday, the big day! We started out with the pumpkin donuts and then dropped D off at school. We took a few pictures at home before heading to Good Beginnings. We snapped a few more shots at the school and off she went. I followed her around for a while and she said "Mom why do you keep taking pictures of me playing?" I did take alot, but this is a huge deal for a mother! She gave me a really tight hug and went off to play. I peeked back in one more time and she was playing in the kitchen with her friend Brodie. Ahhhh what a relief that she didnt cry and neither did I! Ace and I went to the library to try Mother Goose time. G and I went every week since she was 16 months old. I loved that time and she loved the books we would read together, as well as the songs we all sang. So I thought this would be a great mommy and Ace time.....we lasted 7.2 minutes, if that! It started out great, he smiled at all the kids as they sang "Head and Shoulders", then we sang another and I tried to use his hands for the actions and he slapped at me, so I stopped. No biggie, he slaps at me alot:( Then they started a story and he wanted to crawl and they have asked in the past that everyone hold onto to their child. So I pulled him back and he of course started to scream. Ok well lets stand up and bounce....and scream louder! So we left, dang it. He napped until we left to go get G, real quality time with mommy. G ran over to me and told me "Mommy I missed you!" That sure felt nice to hear, because I really missed having that little munchkin home with me. She talked non stop about what she did and remembered alot of details! Sounds like it will be a great school year:)
  Today we went to the Y and she was so excited when she walked in a saw Brodie, her preschool friend! She told me they talked about school, how cute. This morning we decorated for fall!!! I love this season and it looks so festive at out house:) After naps I let Ace eat a whole banana. (not cut into pieces) He loved it and everytime I took it away to pull down the peel, his hands would start shaking in anxiousness. As he got the bottom I took the peel off, naturally. He FLIPPED! My mom and I just stared at him in disbelief! He was throwing his head of the floor, biting the carpet and completely flipping out! Finally he chilled a bit and realized "Oh ok there is still some left.." So he ate it, then when it was gone, tantrum 2.0! He did it all again along with screaming at the top of his lungs! It literally went on for 10 minutes! I had no idea what to do but look at my mom and laugh! Then out of no where he stopped! Wow do we have our hands full:/ This evening we had a MOPS kickoff party at the park. G loved it because she could play outside finally! It was stinkin hot but she had fun!
Pumpkin donuts

♥ X 2

Cousins

Such a big girl

Funny face

♥ X 2

In front of her school

Showing off her bag. I ♥ how she is still smiling:)

Cheesy look on my face, but they look precious!

In the kitchen area at the playhouse





The first place she went!



Playing house with Brodie


Ace wearing G's bag

Showing Papa his backpack

Eating the banana before flipping out....

No comments:

Post a Comment