Sunday, August 28, 2011

Papa's birhday party, preschool visits and family time

This week we have had something almost every evening of the week, but hey that helps to get to the weekend FASTER! Wednesday we went to Wichita to look for an new outfit for Gentry's 1st day of school and some new shoes. She found a cute Dora ballerina-esque dress and some black Mary Janes from Target. She wants some boots since she reached another 10 stickers but we had no luck finding them. Maybe closer to fall.. That evening Whit and I made a mexican feast for Papa's 59th birthday. We made Chicken, Steak and Shrimp fajitas, with rice, beans, guacamole, salsa and cheese dip. We also made a Chocolate Cookies-n-creme cake with homeade buttercreme. It was all pretty delicious. We got Papa a gift card to Famous Footwear for some new shoes.
     Thursday night we had a meeting at Gentry's preschool. When we pulled up she hopped out and said "Hey Mommy, Daddy! You are not staying. You drop me off!" Well at least we dont have to worry about any clingy issues the 1st day:/ She played with her new friends while Luke and I got the run-down of what will take place through the year. Also with a very plesant surprise, I got asked to be on the board for her class! I am super excited to attend class trips and help plan parties. Also my friend Kylie, whose daughter is Gentry's friend Ava, is also on the board so I am sure it will be fun. When we walked into the class to pick her up, she ran straight over, shoes off of course, and smiled and yelled "Mommy!" I ♥ that little girl:)
    Friday we didnt do much, just our normal routine. That evening we went down to Verizon so I could get a new phone, since my speaker went out in the phone. G loved playing and talking to all her "friends" on the phones at the store. Also they had wooden floor and for some reason, she loved stomping on the floor and hearing her shoes make a "big" noise. I happily walked out with an iPhone 4 and would be considered a "satisfied customer"!
    Saurday morning we, along with our neighbors, walked to the Kettle Creek coffeeshop for some morning breakfast. We got breakfast casserole muffins, breakfast burritos, cinnamon roll, apple juice, chai tea and a latte! We all shared each others and it was so fun:) That day we hung out around the house until the early evening. Maci came over to watch G and Ace while Luke and I went to Wichita to see Emerald Lights and MaxxFactor. It is a womens choir and then a quartet, that may I add, was on NBC's The SingOff! Before the concert we ate at Wasabi, a sushi restaurant. It was really good. I am so glad Luke is branching out and enjoying the finer things in life, like sushi and coffee:) The concert was a skit/performance and it was really enjoyable. I would absolutly go again, so would Luke! Plus it was great to hang out with Tiffany and Chad.
Riding the Pooh at Walmart!
   This morning we went to Walmart and it was nothing short of a nightmare! Ace is getting almost too naughty to take in public. I say that lightly, but he has become a screaming machine! It is so hard to keep him calm while I am searching for the best deal at the store. Thankfully Luke took him while I took G and got the goods. But when I hear him screaming, 5 aisles down, I cringe! I cant wait until we get out of the screaming phase! Tonight we are having Dave and the Courtney's over for dinner. Luke is making a "Baconator". It is bacon that is weaved like a basket filled with steak, cheese and jalapenos. Sounds a little too meaty for me, but I will try it! We will also have salads and dessert. I tried to re-create the peanut butter struesal that we had in elementary school. That was hands down my favorite dessert for school lunch!
   .................I have been bad at taking pictures lately so I will hop back on the camera bandwagon this week!..................................

No comments:

Post a Comment