Tuesday, October 18, 2011

     G practicing her hula moves for Halloween since she is Lilo.
      G screaming in pure bliss as she goes down the slide.

Last week I got the opportunity to participate in Gentry's class field trips. Wednesday we went to the Museum and the park. We got to the Museum and they werent there to unlock it so the CRAZY kids ate their snacks and we walked over to the park to let them run off their obscene amounts of energy. We got a call about 20 minutes into it saying they were at the Museum if we wanted to walk back and do a quick run through. So we headed back to the Museum. Needless to say, after this 2 hours with the kids, I came to the conclusion of 2 things: 1) We got our exercise by walking back and forth and chasing kids on the playground and 2) I give those 2 teachers MEGA props for what they got through each day! It was fun, just uber-exhausting!
  Cassie and Gavyn came home on Friday for a month or so long stay! We love having them around and G loves her little cousin Gayvn. She also thinks it is so cool that both their names start with a "G". We went to Wichita this past weekend to help Whitney find her wedding dress. Well I went without the beans, as they stayed home with Daddy. Whitney didnt find her dress but she did go ahead and order one online that she had been eyeing. So we are all double crossing our fingers that it fits and is exactly what she wants!
  We have been working on a new "money" treat as a behavior reward. She gets a quarter for bigger things like going to the bathroom without messing around (seems simple to us, but is a major task for the little lady), eating without messing around or getting up to dance to the new song of the moment or sing "Who Says". Then we do a dime for picking up after herself, putting things away or just simply playing nice with Ace or not hitting back when he pulls her hair or something like that. We have been doing it for about a month and she is up to 4ish dollars. Last week we had to take some away for some outlandish actions and sassy backtalk. (I cut her alittle slack on the sassy talk, b/c I know where she got it from, no names, I just know:)
   We are preparing for 5 days without Luke. I am starting to get a little anxious, because we have been apart alot lately and it just is rather stressful knowing that I dont have someone to show up at 6ish and can help take over.(Any takers? Feel free to show up!) I know it will be fine...I hope! I am trying to plan things to keep us busy this weekend. We have the MOPS pumpkin patch on Friday and then Saturday we have a walk planned with Dawn and Kadence and I plan to do a fun home project that we have talked about for a few weeks. I am not going to tell Luke and then surprise him with it when he gets back!!! Hope that it goes well, b/c I am not the best do-it-yourselfer!


Lilo!

Ace colouring his 1st picture! And he is a south paw like Daddy!

His picture!

Testing their Halloween outfits

Lil punkin


1 comment:

  1. I love the second to last picture! Can't wait to see those kiddos (and you guys). Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete