Monday, November 14, 2011

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, How I truely love thee

Last week was rather laid back and we were happy since we have been busy the last week with the wedding and all the festivities.
      On Wednesday, Luke went to G's preschool to talk about his job as a Barber. He talked for about 10 minutes about all he did and of course the kids said some completely off the subject things. One little girl, Becca, told him she had a Doctor's appt the next day with Dr Melisa. One kid said she cut her barbies hair and another told him the his Mom said he would be in big trouble if he touched scissors. G just sat there and smiled at him and watched Ace walk over to the kid's backpacks and just inspect them all. I think Luke really enjoyed talking at the school and I know G felt pretty proud that her daddy came to talk.

       On Friday we were at the Y and the girl who takes care of the beans at Toddler Time just randomly mentioned that she had put her Christmas tree up the night before. A light bulb, or rather a string of Christmas lights, went off in my head, "Hey I am gonna do that too!". So I told G about it on the way home from the Y and she was totally game! I told her to not tell Daddy so we could surprise him. Everything was cool until he called at lunch to talk with her. She said "Hey daddy we are gonna do the Christmas...." Me: (Whispering) "NO! Say never mind" G:"Oh never mind, just never mind Daddy". Good save G! (He later told me he thought that's what she said and then saw the lights when he pulled up and knew what was up...) So after naps I pulled all the boxes up from the basement and we got in the mood with a little Christmas Pandora starring Harry Connick Jr and Buble! While we were putting the ornaments up, I noticed that they kept ending up on the floor..the culprit, ACE KEEGAN! I knew this would be the year we would have this issue. He finally got bored of taking them down, handing them back to me as he smiled and then would have to be walked back to the tree as I put it on and firmly say "No" and do a little swat, so he went out to find something else to do, like push the chick and sippy cup in the stroller. We got it all done just as Daddy pulled in. He smiled as he walked in and told me he was chuckling in the car because of the phone call earlier when G hinted at what was going on. He was happy he got out of it this year, but next year just be ready to do it all together, just as early! By the way, he still has to put up lights and garland outside, lucky little stinker! That evening we went to Brian Hopp's open house for his sound buisness. They had some killer appetizers! Afterwards we went out to eat with our neighbors and back home to unwind and watch a movie, and enjoy the Christmas lights on the mantle below the T.V. :)
   Saturday morning, Mom, Maci and I went over to Buhler for the Adrian's Christmas Open House. Like always, it is a zoo and impossible to get through the store without saying "Excuse Me" like 121 times because it is so tiny! I got a few stocking stuffers, so it was a success! That evening Luke and I had an engagement party for Brian Hopp and Kendra. (Luke is a groomsman for their April wedding) It was at his parents home in Lindsborg. We ate fried chicken, green beans, cole slaw, potatoes, broccoli salad and rolls. His sister, Amanda, who is also one of my friends from sorority, made the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G desserts! There was Pumpkin Sheet Cake and Apple Crumble Cheesecake. Luke got the 1st and I got the 2nd so we could try each others. As much as I LOVE pumpkin, the apple dessert was out of this world. It wasnt like a normal cheesecake. It was a sheet cake style, with a crumbly topping and the apples were perfect! Then they had Swedish Egg Coffee, sounds weird, but is probably the best coffee I have ever had!  http://www.food.com/recipe/swedish-egg-coffee-170798
It was a very fun party and we are thankful to have good friends like Brian, Amanda and their family.
  Sunday Funday was church and lunch at Applebees with Mom and Dad. Then naps for the beans and Daddy and I went to the Y for a bit and then over to see Liz's twins, Peyton and Alexis. They are beyond precious and so little! I am so happy for them and know the twins are truly little miracles.
  This morning we took Ace to the Dr as he has been acting as if he is coming down with something. After some tests and checking the little man out, we came to the conclusion of just a viral infection. Those completely stink because there is nothing you can do except wait it out. So today was spent cleaning during his nap and then cuddling the little man while G and I watched Polar Express. (One of my all time favorite books) She is so funny when she watches this movie, because she pays more attention to the little girls hair and clothes and told me "Mommy can you do my hair like the girl and put those 2 clips in it and get me that dress too?" Love that little girly. So you guessed it, tomorrow she will be rocking "Hero Girl's" piggy tail braids, the dress not so much.

Funny things said by G:
---Ace picked an ornament off the tree and we did the whole drill and after he got his little swat, G goes "Eww Acer, those spankings sure hurt don't they?" Haha she cracks me up!
---G has certain things that "scare" her and they are rather weird. She always tells me that the lights on the microwave, cable box and CD player scare her, so I have to unplug her CD player in her room. Heaven forbid she ever sleeps in the family room because the microwave and cable box will have to be unplugged as well. She had a Thanksgiving book in her room and after we read it she said "Mommy you need to take that out of my room because the Indian's smiles scare me!"

Speaking at the preschool

We took advantage of the descent 60 degree day and had a picnic!

Coming down the slide! What a beauty she is♥

Playing in the Christmas decorations. I used to make Max and Sugar wear these...

♥♥♥

O how I ♥ thee, O Christmas tree

Coming down the slide all Fast and Furious-esque

No comments:

Post a Comment