Sunday, February 19, 2012

Birthday and Valentines Fun!

I celebrated my 26th birthday on the 14th. I like to make a whole week celebration out of it, if possible. When there's a will, there's a way! We started out on Sunday by going to Red Lobster for dinner with the Sechler family. After a crazy dinner, we had 3 kids under the age of 4 with us, we came back to our house for dessert of Reeses' Pie and Cookies N Creme pie. Not gonna lie, both were eaten by me that night.  Monday was Gentry's Valentine party at school. Ace and I went to enjoy the celebration. We played a few games, sang songs and they enjoyed heart cookies. I love hanging out at the preschool with G. Tuesday morning I made Luke and the beans toast with a heart cutout and filled with egg. Probably not going to do that again, too much work! We went to MOPS that morning and made Apple Tarts for my Sweetheart. I love MOPS but this day was especially fun! We went to Hutch with Whitney and Chloe afterwards for lunch and a few errands. That evening, Luke really stepped it up and made dinner for us! Not a first, but probably one of the last:) He did a wonderful job, but I know those meals made by him are few and far between. Wednesday we went to Wichita after G got done at school. We ran a few errands and listened to Ace repeat, "Mama, Mama, Mama" then "Dada, Dada, Dada" all.the.way.home, Literally! I try to just remember to keep my cool, because when he is 15, I will have wished I enjoyed him saying that and all he really wants is me to just look at him and smile. Saturday night was Date night and I tell you what, I can't remember our last one, just the two of us! We went to Bella Luna, a Mediterranean restaurant. I got the falafel and Luke got a pasta dish. It was so good and the atmosphere is so relaxing. We both needed the R & R. We went to Green Acres to grab a few items since Dillons and Wal-Mart are lacking in the health food sections. Then we went to see Safe House. It is nice to get a little break for just Mommy and Daddy time, but honestly all we talk about are cute things the beans have said or done lately.
    Lately Ace has been trying to talk alot more. He will try to say almost anything you ask him to. He says around 15-20 words, mainly 'Mama, Dada, Bar and tank do' (Thank you) and of course motions for "More" quite frequently. G has been showing more interest in wanting to write letters so we are going to start working on a few each day. She truly amazes me each day with all of her knowledge. We are completely blessed:)
Napping at Aunt Itty's house

Ridin dirty! Fresh from the tub and ran off to ride his horse!

At Spangles. G was scared to stand by Elvis alone!

Oh Acie, with Marilyn!

Ace crawls onto G's bed and sticks the blanket in his mouth like G does♥

G's first word she wrote!

Candy Girl eating her donut.

1 comment:

  1. Ace... Put your panties on before you ride that toy!!!! Haha.. Love it. That's so sweet that G wrote on the envelope! Something to keep for sure!

    ReplyDelete