Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer's here!

So they always say summer is a great time to slow down and relax...well not in the Aichele household! We have been just as busy, if not more, as the rest of the year. I don't mind, because I like to be busy and like my schedules. I also am LOVING that G is becoming more and more schedule oriented too. I always verbally tell myself what the plan is for the day, I don't know why, and now I catch her saying it too! Love!
  This summer has been full of VBS fun, allergy diagnoses, trip planning, and lots of fun new words thanks to Ace.
  This year the theme for VBS was Sky. Mom and I worked in the Sky Lounge, ( I think it was called) AKA kitchen, and made all the snacks. We had 2 other girls, Cathy and Andrea, and we made a fantastic group! G wasn't so keen on it the first day, actually her words were, "I am not going to go back Mom!". Well day 2 was different. She danced on stage and had fun! She also told me she learned, "No matter who you are, Trust God!" What a blessing this little gal is. Ace made some new friends in the nursery too. Well they were the workers and they were teenage girls, go figure! On Sunday at church they sang again and G did so awesome! She smiled and did the actions, very proud of my little G bean.
    Ace had been having alot of coughing, nose running, all the crap that makes you think something big is a brewin', so we went in and found out that he has allergies. Weird,  I think because neither Luke or I have them. The Dr. also told me that fair people are more apt the have allergies and asthma problems, nice to know...
   This summer is looking very fun as far as trips go. We are heading to Denver and Breckenridge next friday to see Luke's dad. He has never met either of the beans so it will be fun for him to meet the crazy kids. We are going with our neighbors, The Courtney's. We are getting a condo and have lots of fun outdoorsy type things planned!
Maci and I are heading to NY to see B, Matt and Noah in July. I.cannot.wait! It will be my first trip without either of the kids, so I am nervous for that, but know Luke will keep them in line. He's a good daddy:)
  Now the fun words! Ace has a habit of repeating words or phrases whether they go with the conversation or not. Here are a few cute sayings: Vroom Vroom hot! (We taught him that Daddy's motorcycle is hot so to not touch it after he gets done riding) Bi-boo tkool (bible school), "I think no" (We have been telling G how we loved when she was littler and would say "What do you fink, no!!" so he has made up his own rendition), underpauppie (Under puppy, AKA, Underdog when swinging), Zsa Zsa and Elmo mama (his 2 favorite animals) Airplane wa-wa (The airplane inflatable that he gets in at the pool), and Em-ade (lemonade) his new favorite drink. He is so fun right now and picks up everything! You ask him to say something and he will repeat it, sometimes clear, other times he puts his own spin on the word:)
G was trying to think of the game, limbo, the other day and was explaining it and said "It's like mambo, bombo...no Rambo!" Love her!
Playing in the rain!

Cold little guy from the rain!

Oh Mr Mischief!

Flight leader

:) my little thumb sucker
Donuts! Mom's the coolest!

Haha Destiny's face cracks me up!! Straight up hill-billy with her missing tooth!

At church performing her Sky song. I recorded it on my phone and she watches it all the time and dances with it, cute:)

The bird sitting on the slide steps that she HAD to take a picture of..future photographer.

Looking like Chelsea, circa 1991, pulling up the sides of my dress while performing. Darn nervous tics.

1st day of VBS, bar kind of morning. Yes B, Ace is still obsessed with his bars!

Makeup fun!


1 comment:

  1. I love G's expression in the pic where she is lifting her shirt!!! haha. Acer looks so grown up in the picture where he is in the rain!! Ahh, I miss those little beans. (you guys too). Can't wait for July!

    ReplyDelete