Thursday, July 5, 2012

June was one heckova month!

Whew it is too stinkin hot outside! It is close to 100 degrees on any given day lately. Not a fan of that at all! Ready for my favorite season, fall! But first we have some important birthdays to celebrate and a much needed mommy trip to NY!
   The night after my last blog was published we had a wild storm with some harsh winds and lightening blasts. Well one of those nasty lightening blasts hit a little too close to home, literally! I was with G in her room because she was scared of the storm and just as I was dozing off, a huge boom sounded (if you lived here you know what I am talking about!) and I saw this flash of light in her room. My first thought was the window had shattered and the house was on fire! I was scared to death. Poor Destiny had a picture fall on her head. I looked around and random outlets didn't work, very strange. The girls and I crawled into bed with Luke and tried to sleep. It was a tough night. The next morning, after numerous electrical companies had been in and out of the house, we learned we were lucky the house didn't catch fire but also we were out quite a few appliances. We stuck it out the first night with no a/c and then decided we had no choice but to go to a hotel. Thankfully insurance covered all the fees and meals while we were there. It ended up being 4 nights and 5 days in the hotel. Honestly it was rather nice to have someone clean for me and cook meals, so I wasn't complaining:) Plus G and Acers loved the pool and the uh-hum bed jumping that ensued.
  We spent 2 nights at home in a cool house and then packed up to head to Breckenridge. The drive there was a n.i.g.h.t.m.a.r.e! Ace hollered nearly 3/4 of the way, but alas we made it to Denver for the first night. We went swimming to blow off some steam and got ourselves into a whole other predicament. Luke was in the pool for a good 40 minutes when I decided to go back to the room with Ace and needed the key. He reached in his pocket and his iPhone was tucked very nicely in that pocket, in the pool:/ Not good on the ol iPhone. So he and Jeff spent a good 3 hours looking up iPhones on Denver Craigslist. Thankfully he found one so we went the next morning and got one. We met at a Starbucks and the kid rolled up on a skateboard! Luke said he was the nicest kid and had a lot of knowledge, so everything was very legit. Then off to Breckenridge. In one word, Beautiful! I completely loved it. The downtown was very quaint and authentic. We went to a fun park where they had alpine slides, cord jumping, a jump jump and all kinds of activities for kids. G loved the gold digging and slides. We also went to a outlet mall (Vicki, Ace and I enjoyed that:), mountain bike riding and exploring downtown. It was wonderful. After the screaming car ride there and the iPhone that took a dip, the trip was pretty relaxing and beautiful. For the record, the car ride home was great and only a few rounds of fits by the little blonde boy. We had screaming contests, ice down the shirt games (G loves this) and lots of Fresh Beat Band singing. Great memories were made on this trip.
    Since being in the hotel and vacation, we still aren't on a normal schedule but I guess thats what the summer is for!

Ace-He has learned to ask "Why?" and it is very cute. He will repeat almost anything you ask him to, or anything he hears, so childlike words are a necessity right now!
G-She already has a keen sense of fashion at the tender age of 3. She tells me often that things I wear don't match. Little does this fashionista know that black and white can match anything!
     Last but not least, in exactly one week I am going to New York with Maci to see Matt, B and Dash. I.can.not.wait.

       ---------Now onto photo overload-------------
Tunnel slide at Denver R.E.I.

Tree slide at Denver R.E.I.

She told everyone she was going camping in Co, so we got her snapshot in a display tent at R.E.I.

1st family photo in Denver

View from the gondola in Breckenridge

Smiles by the blonde one:)  (Oh hey Zsa,Zsa I see you watching out the window)

G with Kori

G at the fun park in Brecken with her bag of rocks from the gold digging.

G on the jumping cables

Luke riding the Alpine slide

G wanted to touch the snow sooo bad so I climbed a major hill with her to get to the top. Superstars!

G was too scared to ride the horse but she wanted to pet them.This was Starlight.

God's beautiful creation


Ace and I ate breakfast on the balcony one morning. Excuse the yogurt on his precious face:)

The view before we started our downhill Mountain bike ride. (14 miles)

1st stop at a creek. (The little creature that keeps popping up in G's arm is her new baby Brooken, souvenir from Brecken)

Ace in the creek

Throwing rocks, but G decided to throw a boulder!

This is how Ace enjoyed 1/8 of the bike ride. The other 7/8 of the ride was spent arguing with G:/

Family picture minus Ace K, (sleeping)

I know I know this is a post for the beans, but this was a request by the G bean:) Really!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Just me and my Ace K
The most beautiful girl in the world♥  (When looking at this picture, even G said "Mommy I look really pretty here",)

Aichele lovies♥

Gondola ride

:)  She makes me smile  (Peek-a-boo Brooken:)

Funny face during popsicle time

Hanging with D. I took her out to get her nails done, eat dinner, get a devotional and have a treat at the Well for her birthday gift. Just a little one-on-one time with her. Love her so much:)

Ace riding the sprinkler. Excuse the silly monkey tattoo on his foot. G did it for him:/

Happy 4th of July!  My two favorite firecrackers!

1 comment:

  1. (Wow. I must have missed this post somehow... )
    Your vacation looks like it was so much fun! I <3 that G said "mommy I look pretty here" that makes me smile everytime I think of it!! I also <3 Ace K sitting on his sprinkler tractor :) What a cutie pie. Wish I could squeeze my little buddies!! Only one month!!! Love you guys. And I already miss you and Maci SO much :(

    ReplyDelete