Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy Friday and Birthday Par-tay!

Friday morning we went to the Y and home for a quick nap for Ace. After he got up we met Kylie, Ava (the little girl who G is going to preschool with) and Parker at McDonalds. They played for awhile and then we ate lunch. After naps we had an electric guy come by the house to fix our light fixture in the kitchen so we could have light for the party on Saturday. We ran a few errands after that and then went to Nanas for a while. That evening we went to a BBQ at Cole and Marijo's house. They are moving to Panama City, Panama in 2-4 weeks, because Cole got a welding contract down there. We are already planning a February vacation down there to see them and baby Quinlee! After we got home, Maci came over to help me decorate Gentry Gingersnap's Birthday Cake! 2 hours later we had a masterpiece!

This morning we walked with Dawn and Kadence. After we got home, I went to take a shower and little Miss G came running into the bathroom and said "Mommy I helped you by putting Strawberry Shortcake back on the cake!" Me.."You WHHHHAT?!?!" G"I was just helping" and took off running! I hopped outta the shower and ran to the fridge and long and behold my fear was confirmed...she stuck her fingers in the writing and ran them along the piped edges! So I went back to the shower to cool down, literally and came to the conclusion, she is a child who wanted to help...So I came out and she was crying and told me she was "soooo sorry". I figured it is nothing a little icing cant fix. So I made an extra trip to Walgreens and grabbed some icing and within an hour it was presentable. We cleaned, ate lunch and napped until party time! Around 4, the guests arrived. John and Katy, Liz and Amelia, Harmony, HevynLei and Destiny, Mark and Ana, Austin and Katy, Josh, Itty and Lolo, Maci, Nana, Papa, Grandpa Arvin, Nana B and Dave all helped us celebrate! We had a house full! G got Strawberry Shortcake remote car, jewelry, polishes, clothes, a bike and movies! Then the most exciting part for her, the cake and ice cream! They did a pinata and played! What a perfect 3rd birthday!















No comments:

Post a Comment